Health Benefits For Beta Carotene
Beta carotene is also known as ‘Carotenoid’. Carotenoids are responsible for giving red, yellow, orange pigments to various fruits and vegetables which have bright colors.
Beta carotene is beneficial for heart and circulatory system and is a powerful anti oxidant. When it is taken in food, it gets converted to Vitamin A and proves beneficial for maintaining good eyesight, healthy skin and strong immune system.
Vitamin A is also responsible for maintaining the structure of epithelial cells. The epithelial cells are responsible for protecting the body from environmental contamination.
Beta carotene is known as the booster for immune system and maintaining good health of eyes. Additionally beta carotene creates a potent antioxidant, vitamin which is responsible for reducing the harmful effects of free radicals in the environment.
Health Benefits For Beta Carotene:
The health benefits for beta carotene include:
- Beta carotene prevents the hardening/thickening of the artery walls.
- Beta carotene helps in reducing blood cholesterol.
- Beta carotene can be used in treating diseases such as AIDS, cataracts, muscular degeneration, Leukoplakia.
- This vitamin is also beneficial for some other diseases such as cancer, induced asthma, hypertension, heart disease, Alzheimer’s depression, rheumatoid arthritis and headaches.
Precautions That May Be Taken In Beta Carotene Intake:
Some precautions that may be taken while consuming beta carotene are:
- Excess amount of beta carotene can cause urine and skin discoloration.
- Some supplements of beta carotene can even result in lung cancer.
- Excess dose of this vitamin can be toxic enough to cause liver failure.
- Serious birth defects can be there if it is taken in large amount in the first trimester of pregnancy.