Vitamins for Healthy Skin
Vitamin deficiency can make the skin lifeless, blemished, dry, or greasy. To have a healthy skin, a variety of vitamins are required to keep it resilient. Vitamins A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin D are essential vitamins. In addition, vitamins E and C act as antioxidants. They protect the skin from free radicals which are a hazardous form of oxygen. These radicals cause inflammation, visible lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin A helps in preventing sun damage, and Vitamin C quickens skin healing. There are evidences that vitamin C can pass through the layers of skin and help heal tissue damage by burn or injury. Vitamin D is absorbed normally through the skin’s outer layers during early mornings. It helps heal the skin problems when applied topically, especially when it is combined with vitamin A.
Important Vitamins for the Skin
1. Vitamin A
– It strengthens the defensive tissue of the skin and prevents acne. It also helps in reducing sebum production.
– It is essential for the protection and repair of the tissue which the skin and mucous membranes are made of.
2. Vitamin B Complex
– It helps in maintaining healthy skin tone, and it also helpful in relieving anxiety and stress.
– It fights acne.
It is helps you get healthy skin by improving blood circulation and body metabolism. I
strengthens your immune system by producing antibodies.
3. Vitamin C
– It acts as an antioxidant.
– It helps in wound healing by aiding in stabilizing collagen.
– When applied topically, vitamin C can reduce fine lines and wrinkles and can lessen the severity of sunburns.
4. Vitamin E
– It is another antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
– When applied topically, vitamin E has been known to improve moisture, softness and smoothness, and also provides modest photo protection.