Vitamins for Nails
The condition of your nails, point out the general condition of your health. Problems such as deformed nails are a sign of nutritional deficiency. Other common nail problems include weak and splitting nails, fungal infections and in-growing nails. So, it is very important to take the required nutrients. Vitamins play a vital role in the growth of your nails.
If you want your nails to grow faster, make sure that your diet is rich in Vitamins A, B-Complex, C, D, E, iron, calcium, zinc, sulfur, and the vital fatty acids.
For healthy nails you should include lot of fruits and raw vegetables in your diet so that they get the required vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Have foods rich in silicon like broccoli, fish and onions. Have foods rich in biotins like whole grains. Drink plenty of water and fruit juices. Food rich in zinc and vitamin B will strengthen your nails. Fresh carrot juice rich in calcium and phosphorous is great for strengthening nails.
Vitamin deficiencies and nail problems:
• Dryness and brittleness of the nails are caused due to the lack of vitamin A and calcium in your body.
• Hangnails are caused due to the lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C.
• White bands on the nails are a result of protein deficiency.
• Lack of vitamin B12 can lead to dryness, very rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails.
• Inadequate zinc can cause growth of white spots on the nails.